Last modified: June 20, 2020
When you use our features and product, you will share some information with us. So, we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, whom we share it, and the controls we give you to access, updates and delete your information.
Please also read Sagoon’s Terms of Service (“Terms”), which describes the terms under which you use our Services.
Collection of information and use:
There are two basic categories of information we collect:
- 1) Information you provide.
- 2) Information we get when you use our services.
Information You Provide
When you interact with our services, we collect and store information about you that you provide us.
- Your Account Information: You provide your mobile phone number to create a Sagoon account. You provide us the contacts in your phone book on a regular basis, including those of both the users of our Services and your other contacts. You confirm you are authorized to provide us such numbers. Our services require you to set up a Sagoon account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as your name, password, email address, phone number, and date of birth. We may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as a profile picture and tagline message, Smart Coin earnings.
- Your Stories: You also provide us whatever content/information you share through our services such as photos, videos, text, URLs. Keep in mind that the users who view your stories or any other content can always save the content or copy it. So, don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
- Collection of phone book data: Sagoon syncs only phone numbers from your phone book to Sagoon servers to help you connect with your friends, invite your friends, share stories, send and receive gifts to your contacts. You can invite your friends to join the Service by providing us with their contact information, or by allowing Sagoon to access your contacts from your mobile device, or third-party sites to select which friends you want to invite.
- Your Connections: To help you organize how you socialize with others, we may create a favourites list of your contacts for you, and you can create, join, or get added to groups, and such groups get associated with your account information.
- Customer Support: When you contact our customer support or communicate with us in any other way, we will collect whatever information you volunteer or that we need to resolve your question.
- Other information: We also may store information that your mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Service, such as your browser type, type of mobile device, browser language, IP address, mobile carrier, phone number, unique device identifier, advertising identifier, location (including geolocation, beacon-based location, and GPS location), and requested and referring URLs.
Information we get automatically when you use our services
When you use Sagoon, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. We might know, for instance, that you viewed a particular Story for a certain period of time, and shared stories. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
- Usage and log Information: We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with our services, such as what types of stories you mostly post or share, they are images, videos, or simple text, which topics you generally interact with mostly.
- how you communicate with other Sagooner, such as their names, the time and date of your interactions, the number of stories you share with your friends, which friends you share stories with the most, and your interactions with stories (such as when you open a story or capture a screenshot).
- How you earn and spend Smart Coins, how frequently you redeem using your Smart Coins, how frequently you send gifts to your friends or receive gifts from your friends.
- Content Information: We collect content you create on our services, such as stories, and information about the content you create or share, such as if the viewer has viewed the story, reacted on it, posted comments, shared it, reported it.
- Device Information: We collect information from and about the devices you use. For example, we collect:
- information about your hardware and software, such as the hardware model, operating system version, device memory, advertising identifiers, unique application identifiers, apps installed, unique device identifiers, browser type, language, battery level, and time zone;
- information from device sensors, such as accelerometers, gyroscopes, compasses, microphones, and whether you have headphones connected; and
- information about your wireless and mobile network connections, such as mobile phone number, service provider, IP address, and signal strength.
- Device Phonebook: Because Sagoon is all about communicating with friends, we may—with your permission—collect information from your device’s phonebook.
- Camera and Photos: Many of our services require us to collect images and other information from your device’s camera and photos. For example, you won’t be able to share stories or upload profile photos from your camera unless we can access your camera or photos.
- Location Information: When you use our services, we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors, such as gyroscopes, accelerometers, and compasses.
- Transactional Information: We may collect how many Smart Coins you earn in what duration and from what all activities, how you spend those earned Smart Coins. We may also collect on what categories of product you mostly redeem, frequency of shopping products, frequency of sending gifts, etc.
- Log Information: We also collect log information when you use our website, such as:
- details about how you’ve used our services;
- device information, such as your web browser type and language;
- access times;
- pages viewed;
- IP address;
- identifiers associated with cookies or other technologies that may uniquely identify your device or browser; and
- pages you visited before or after navigating to our website.
- Information Others Provide About You: We receive information other people provide us, which may include information about you. For example, when other users you know use our Services, they may provide your phone number from their mobile address book (just as you may provide theirs), or they may send you an invitation or referral code to join Sagoon.
- Third-Party Providers: We work with third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. For example, we work with companies to distribute our apps, places information, help us understand how people use our Services, and market our Services. These providers may provide us information about you in certain circumstances; for example, app stores may provide us reports to help us diagnose and fix service issues.
How We Use Information
We use all the information to provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we relentlessly improve. This information also helps us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services.
- We develop, operate, deliver, maintain and protect our products and services.
- We send you communications, including emails, SMS, notifications etc about our product releases, promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- We monitor and analyse trends and usage of our features and products.
- We evaluation and improve our services, research, develop, and test new services and features and conduct troubleshooting activities.
- We use the information to enhance the safety and security of our product and services.
- We use the information to verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activity.
- We use the information we’ve collected from cookies and other technology to enhance our services and your experience with them.
- We enforce our Terms of Service and other usages policies and comply with legal requirements.
How We Share Information
You share your information as you use and communicate through our Services, and we share your information to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our Services. We may share information about you in the following ways:
With other Sagooners: We may share the following information with other Sagooners:
- Information about you, such as your profile name, profile picture, number of stories posted, Total views of your stories, total likes of your stories, total Smart Coins you have earned. Although you can configure settings to manage certain information available to other users.
- We never share your registered phone number with anyone other than your friends in “My Circle”.
- Content you post or share. How widely your stories are shared depends on your personal settings. For example, a story may be shared with just your friends in My Circle or it may be shared publicly under any topic. Any story that is shared under the topic is visible to all topic followers.
- Your contacts on Sagoon. Your friends in My Circle may store or reshare your information (including your phone number) with others. You can use block feature to manage the users with whom you communicate and share stories.
With all Sagooners, our Business partners and the general public. We may share the following information with all Sagooners as well as with our business partners and the general public.
- public information like your name, username, and profile pictures.
- Stories that are set to be viewable by Everyone and any content that you posted under Topics. This content may be viewed and shared by the public at large both on and off our services.
With third parties. We work with the third-party providers to help us operate, provide, improve, understand, customize, support, and market our services. When we share information with third-party providers, we require them to use your information in accordance with our instructions and terms or with express permission from you.
- We may share information about you with business partners that provide services and functionality on our services.
- We may share information about you, such as device and usage information, to help us and others prevent fraud.
- We may share information about you for legal, safety, and security reasons. We may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- comply with any valid legal process, governmental request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation.
- investigate, remedy, or enforce potential Terms of Service violations.
- protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our users, or others.
- detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- We may share information about you as part of a merger or acquisition. If Sagoon Inc. gets involved in a merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or acquisition of all or some portion of our business to another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
Managing Your Information
If you would like to manage, change, or delete your information, we allow you to do that through the following tools:
Services Settings: You can change your profile settings to manage certain information available to other users. You can manage your contacts, topics you follow, or use our block feature to manage the users with whom you communicate.
Changing Your Profile Name and Picture, and tagline Message: You can change your profile name, profile picture, and tagline message at any time from your profile setting.
Deleting Your Sagoon Account: If you ever decide to stop using Sagoon, you can just ask us to delete your account. We’ll also delete most of the information we’ve collected about you after you’ve been inactive for a while—but don’t worry, we’ll try to contact you first!
Control Over Your Information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
Access, Correction, and Portability: You can access and edit most of your basic account information right in our apps. Because your privacy is important to us, we will ask you to verify your account before we let you access or update your personal information.
Revoking permissions: In most cases, if you let us use your information, you can simply revoke your permission by changing the settings in the app or on your device if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
Deletion: While we hope you’ll remain a lifelong Sagooner, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, you can just ask us to delete your account. You can also delete some information in the app, like photos, Stories you posted, and contacts.
Communicating with other Sagooners: It’s important to us that you stay in control over whom you communicate with. That’s why we’ve built a number of tools in Settings that let you indicate, among other things, who you want to see your Stories, whether you’d like to view stories from just your friends or all Sagooners, and whether you’d like to block another Sagooner from sharing stories with you again. You can stop receiving comments from Sagooners who are not in your contacts.
Law and Protection
We may collect, use, preserve, and share your information if we have a good-faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to:
- a) respond pursuant to applicable law or regulations, to legal process, or to government requests;
- b) enforce our Terms and any other applicable terms and policies, including for investigations of potential violations;
- c) detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or
- d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our users, Sagoon, or others.
Our Global Operations
Our services are not intended for—and we don’t direct them to—anyone under 13. And that’s why we do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13. In some cases, this means we will be unable to provide certain functionality to these users. If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
Updates to Our Policy
Product queries: email@example.com
Legal queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, write to us:
If in U.S.:
Sagoon Inc. ,1980 Teasel Ct.,
Woodbridge, VA 22192
If in India:
Sagoon India Private Limited,
Vatika Mindscapes, Tower B,
8th Floor, Sector 27 (D),